Re: [alpine-devel] aports workflow

From: Jean-Louis Fuchs <ganwell_at_fangorn.ch>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 14:32:31 +0200

Hi

On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 08:15:59AM +0200, Fabian Affolter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A while ago I brought this topic up on IRC but I go pretty much ignored.
> Well, my frustration raised again to a certain level ;-)

I don't say that everything is fine, but the mailinglist/patchwork
workflow is just awesome. I never have to wait long for an answer and
everything rolls smooth. Probably the best experience I had in any
foss-project.

I maintain about 10 packages, that means I have urlwatch-cron-scripts
running for these packages, which will send me mails, when there is an
update.

It seems like github is aside of the main development. I do all my
work: professional and personal on github. While it is great, I would
change to use the mailinglist/patchwork approach in a second. At
least for very active projects. Again I don't say don't do github, but
for the kind of workflow Alpine does, patchwork seems to fit better.

!! I also have to say I never used patchwork as a commiter, only a
submitter.

I just wanted to say how happy I am, to add another piece of
information to this discussion.

Best,
    Jean-Louis