[alpine-devel] modemmanager-dev and libmm-glib-dev

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 19:43:43 +0200

Hi,

I noticed that the modemmanager aport has a separate libmm-glib-dev
subpackage. I wonder why it needs to be separate from our traditional
modemmanager-dev?

I know that we for some packages make exception, like libpq and
libmysql may make sense to have separate -dev package for, but in this
case it seems that libmm-glib-dev needs to depend on modemmanager-dev:

> checking for LIBGEOCLUE... yes
> checking for ModemManager... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (mm-glib >= 1.0) were not met:
>
> Package 'ModemManager', required by 'mm-glib', not found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables ModemManager_CFLAGS
> and ModemManager_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Can we simply drop the libmm-glib-dev package and put all the
development files into modemmanager-dev, like we do with the rest of
our aports?