[alpine-devel] abuild vs. makepkg

From: Dan Anderson <dan.hillier.anderson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:38:13 -0400

Just got started using alpine; I've been having a good time. However, I'm
curious about the design of abuild: the APKBUILD format is (nearly) a
direct clone of Arch's MAKEPKG, but with small incompatibilities.

What was the reason behind not just using makepkg as it was (missing
functionality?), and would patches aimed at improving compatibility be
worth-while? Reducing the friction porting, say, AUR packages to alpine
seems useful to me.