Re: [alpine-devel] Change Travis in Alpine Continuous Integration

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 16:12:26 +0300

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 20:47:53 -0300
Roberto Oliveira <rdutra_at_linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Alpine CI currently uses Travis to build packages when a pull request
> is opened. However Travis only support x86_64 and it just build the
> changes in this architecture.
>
> Jenkins currently have support for more architectures and we could
> use it instead of Travis. Jenkins has a plugin called "GitHub pull
> request builder" that allows to listen when a pull request is opened
> in GitHub and build with the changes.
>
> We could install Jenkins in a machine and create nodes for other
> machines of different architectures allowing packages to be built in
> the architectures we need.
>
> What do you think about using using Jenkins instead of Travis?

Support for testing on more architectures is something we want.

We are also looking at buildbot currently. This would be to replace the
official builder LXC hosts with buildbot running the build job in
chroot. The recent 'abuild rootbld' commits are for this purpose.

Ideally our official builders could do the CI for GitHub and
PatchWorks, but that's still a way to go. Perhaps Jenkins could be
interim solution? Or you think we should concentrate to get the buildbot
setup up and running?

/Timo