Re: [alpine-devel] [Proposal] Remove "# Contributors:" from APKBUILDs

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 16:25:18 +0200

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 01:59:49 -0500
William Pitcock <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 8:40 AM, Tmp File <tmpfile_at_mail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Alpinists.
> >
> > I think the contributors on an APKBUILD doesn't give much useful information and only makes the APKBUILDs longer.
> > In the off chance you want to see who contributed in the past to a package, you can use git log.
> > Most times only the maintainer is useful.
> > If he doesn't answer, you can look at whoever else contributed to the package with git log.
> > It'll be much more detailed and give a better idea.
> > As a good side-effect this would also make the maintainer of a package easier to parse.
>
> I agree, however I also think allowing multiple Maintainer lines is important.

The idea with having a single maintainer is that one single person has
the responsability for the package. This is to avoid situation where
all the maintainers expect the other maintainers to act.

When you are alone maintainer there is no doubt who should follow up
and make sure things gets fixed.

I am open to add a field for multiple comaintainers though.

We should probably also change it from being a comment in apkbuild to a shell variable.

eg:

maintainer="...."