Re: [alpine-devel] [Proposal] Remove "# Contributors:" from APKBUILDs

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 16:30:54 +0200

On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 15:40:12 +0200
"Tmp File" <tmpfile_at_mail.com> wrote:

> Hello Alpinists.
>
> I think the contributors on an APKBUILD doesn't give much useful information and only makes the APKBUILDs longer.
> In the off chance you want to see who contributed in the past to a package, you can use git log.
> Most times only the maintainer is useful.
> If he doesn't answer, you can look at whoever else contributed to the package with git log.
> It'll be much more detailed and give a better idea.
> As a good side-effect this would also make the maintainer of a package easier to parse.
>
> How do you feel about it?

The contributors does not provide any vital information but I think it
is a nice way to give credit to people who contribute. Even if you do a
minor change, and even if you don't create the commit/patch, you can
still have your name there and be proud of have contributed.

> If you like it I can send PRs to deal with this.

I suppose you should ask the contributors in question how they feel
about it. If they are ok with it, then I am too.