Re: [alpine-devel] Adélie on Alpine, two months later

From: Jean-Louis Fuchs <ganwell_at_fangorn.ch>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 23:46:09 +0200

Hi Jakub

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 10:46:44PM +0200, Jakub Jirutka wrote:

> I strongly disagree that Patchwork is a great tool, at least the
> current version we have.

In the end the process/tools has to fit the most active commiters, not
non-commiters like me.

Since you are a power-user, know better then I. I am someone
who likes "git send-email" and mailinglists. For me patchwork is more
or less the tool that creates RESTAPI events from a patch-mailinglist
(not in alpine though). I also use GitLab a lot and like it a lot.

I just wanted to say that a minimalistic approach (meaning simple
tools like git send-email + a mailinglist), is liked by a non-commiter
like me and I know commiters in other projects who like it too.

But as I said, the process has to be optimized for the active
commiters. And I guess I am strange and a exception, since I prefer
TUIs to GUIs.

Best,
    Jean