Re: [alpine-devel] Adélie on Alpine, two months later

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 12:55:36 +0200

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 07:13:12 -0500
"A. Wilcox" <awilfox_at_adelielinux.org> wrote:

> Have you looked in to Pagure? It is designed to be a lightweight Git
> forge, made by the Fedora people. Right now it still has some
> Fedora-specific stuff, but Debian has a testing package for it and I'm
> hoping to try and make an Alpine port for it once I manage to have a
> desktop going.
>
> It is written in Python but has very few dependencies; just flask
> (lightweight Web framework), redis, and libgit2.

I sort of knew that they were replacing whatever they used before for
hosted projects, but I had not looked to close to it.

It does look pretty nice. python is nice (or at lease acceptable).

A few comments on first impression:

- Docs section is sluggish and I don't like that the scrollbar inside
  the page (iframe?) (https://pagure.io/docs/pagure/)

- Releases says: "If the developers have upload one or more tarball(s),
  you will be able to find them in the release folder."

  I would like to automatically create the tarballs when you push a new
  git tag.

I would likely switch right away if it had support for multi-gitbranch
tickets. That is, you file a ticket, lets say a CVE, and mark off which
git branches that needs to be fixed. When you git push a commit with
"fixes issue #X" the marked branch will get "checked" or hooked off.
Once all affected branches are fixed, the ticket is autoclosed.

That would be the killer feature.