[alpine-devel] Alpine ports layout

From: Cág <ca6c_at_bitmessage.ch>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 20:36:28 +0100

Timo Teras wrote:

> New aports should start in 'testing'. We don't usually accept direct
> contributions to 'main' or 'community'. In most cases 'community' will
> be the right place for package, and I suspect this will be datamash's
> place when matured. Packages in 'main' are expected to have long
> maintained stable release branches.

I think that these conditions are vague. When should a testing port
become a community one and a community one become main?

How about splitting ports into categories, so gcc would be lang/gcc,
vim would be editors/vim and firefox would be www/firefox? Those that
aren't stable could land in wip, like in pkgsrc.

--
caóc