Re: [alpine-devel] Planning for the 3.7 release freeze

From: A. Wilcox <awilfox_at_adelielinux.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 14:33:31 -0500

On 07/09/17 10:50, Natanael Copa wrote:
> Here are some things I'd like to have done before that:
>
> - gcc 7 We probably need a separate gcc6-java to be able too
> bootstrap openjdk

It makes me a bit nervous to bump a GCC version right before release.

> - new musl release

This would be very good.

> Some of the things I think we should fix before the 3.7 release:
>
> - gdb 8

What is wrong with it?

> - support for EFI/GPT in setup-disk (in progress)

This is a good thing. I will be happy to test it.

> Anything else?

Yes! For the abuild package: the PyPI modernisation that tmpfile did,
and a few patches that we wrote. Both seem to be available as pull
requests on GitHub. There is probably one more coming down the line,
as when I ran newapkbuild -C for a CMake package, one function said
"unknown parameter -C" even though everything seemed to work otherwise.

Looking forward to helping make this release a great one,
- --arw

- --
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux