Re: [alpine-devel] [DRAFT] Alpine Linux Code of Conduct

From: Jean-Louis Fuchs <ganwell_at_fangorn.ch>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 13:03:05 +0200

Hi

On Thu, Oct 05, 2017 at 03:14:00AM -0500, William Pitcock wrote:

I like it for it is short, yet clear.

> 1. Discrimination based on, but not limited to, gender, gender identity, race,
> nationality, sexuality, religion, age, physical disability, mental
> disability, init system preference, body type or size is not
> allowed.

init system preference, feels to me like an metaphor for technological
preferences. So I would write "technological preferences for example
init systems" or just "technological preferences". But I also have to
say that "init systems" alone was totally clear to me, at least if it
meant technological preferences.

If you are very enthusiastic about a thing, the best way to meet to
people who hate it, is to post in a public channel, forum or
mailinglist. That is something we all have to live with and is also
stated in:

> 3. Do not make things personal and do not take things personally.

Best,
    Jean-Louis