Re: [alpine-devel] [DRAFT] Alpine Linux Code of Conduct

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 15:57:23 +0200

On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 13:03:05 +0200
Jean-Louis Fuchs <ganwell_at_fangorn.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2017 at 03:14:00AM -0500, William Pitcock wrote:
>
> I like it for it is short, yet clear.

+1

I would like to have it shorter, but I doubt we can shorten it more
without being less clear?

This list is partially mentioned twice:

> ... regardless of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual
> orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race,
> ethnicity, age, religion, nationality or any other protected
> categories under applicable law.

Later under "Explicitly Disallowed Conduct":

> > 1. Discrimination based on, but not limited to, gender, gender identity, race,
> > nationality, sexuality, religion, age, physical disability, mental
> > disability, init system preference, body type or size is not
> > allowed.

Maybe we could combine that somehow to avoid duplication?

> init system preference, feels to me like an metaphor for technological
> preferences. So I would write "technological preferences for example
> init systems" or just "technological preferences". But I also have to
> say that "init systems" alone was totally clear to me, at least if it
> meant technological preferences.

"Technological preferences" should also cover "programming language
preference". I support this change.