[alpine-devel] Splitting out pip and setuptools from python3

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 18:33:06 +0200

Hi,

I wonder what you think about splitting out pip and setuptools from python3 package.

http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/5381

I think I would like to do this, because it saves space and I think its
the best technical way to do it. But it also means that we need to add
py3-setuptools as makedepends on a lot of packages, and it may break
things for docker users who apk add python3 && pip install ...

Do you think it is worth it?

I think it is.