Re: [alpine-devel] VGA hot plug not work on a Intel J3160 mini PC

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 08:17:28 -0500

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 4:44 AM, duanyao <duanyao_at_ustc.edu> wrote:

> I'm testing Alpine 3.6.2 (text console mode) on a mini PC with a Intel J3160
> CPU.

> If I hot plug the display, it will not work anymore (the display says there
> is no signal). The system is still running, and I can ssh into it.

If you can ssh into the machine, you might try running
some vbetool[1] commands to see if you can wake up the
display ("vbetool dpms on" or something)

If that works, next step would be to add a udev (or mdev)
rule[2] to run that command automatically when the monitor is
plugged in.

[1] https://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/plain/unmaintained/vbetool/APKBUILD
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/udev#Execute_on_VGA_cable_plug_in

-- Jeff