Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine features and the future

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-devel_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 23:32:32 +0000

>- execline is stupid

  You don't have to use it if you don't like it. It's used internally
by s6, but it can remain out of your sight at all times.

>- s6-rc is not very good
>- anopa is not very good
>- s6 is too complicated in places, things like "actually down" with
> daemon-level support are inelegant and bad

  If you have constructive criticism, we'd welcome your input on the
supervision at list.skarnet.org mailing-list, or the #s6 channel on
Freenode (where anopa's author also lurks).
  I'm especially interested in what you find "not very good" with
s6-rc, and how you think it could improve. Aside from a friendlier UI,
which is something that a lot of people, including Alpine core devs,
have requested, and that is on the roadmap.

--
  Laurent