Re: [alpine-devel] Improving Alpine Linux documentation

From: Drew DeVault <sir_at_cmpwn.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:23:02 -0500

I don't really have any advice for what to do with the wiki, but
regarding Alpine's core documentation I have some thoughts. Something
that bothers me about Alpine (and that I'd like to contribute to
improving) is the lack of man pages for Alpine core stuff. I think a
substantial portion of the core docs can and should be done this way,
rather than on the wiki - though it would be nice to render the man
pages to HTML for display on the web, too.

No one likes writing roff so I've been working on a tool recently to
help with this:

https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/scdoc

If there's no opposition to this I was hoping to start writing man pages
for apk shortly.