Re: [alpine-devel] Improving Alpine Linux documentation

From: Drew DeVault <sir_at_cmpwn.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:31:47 -0500

On 2017-12-12 11:26 PM, Consus wrote:
> Try http://mdocml.bsd.lv. It is used by the OpenBSD project. I was writing man pages
> using it myself, it's pretty okay.

mdocml is basically roff with lipstick on, I don't like it much more
than I liked roff. There are other man page generators, too, but they're
almost all written in high level languages and require some kind of
runtime (god forbid, XSLT). The new tool I'm working on is a small POSIX
C99 tool with no dependencies. Its syntax is much easier to write, read,
and maintain than mdoc.