Re: [alpine-devel] Support for 32bit UEFI

From: Leonardo Arena <rnalrd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 11:16:22 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Lucas Ramage <ramage.lucas94_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Efibootmgr and efivar are needed on x86 platforms that utilize uefi,
> however, the versions in the package repository are 64bit only.
>
> I have an outstanding pull request that adds support for this architecture
> as well as claim maintainership of these packages that has been open for 25
> days.

these have been now merged. Sorry for the delay.

> I know that v3.7.0 has just been released so I know that people are
> probably busy with that, however, in Gentoo Linux, there are procedures in
> place for stabilization but I do not see any documentation on stabilizing
> packages in Alpine Linux.

We were mostly busy in preparing for v3.7.0 release, that's why we did not
merge new stuff.
I believe that "package stabilization" in Alpine it's the equivalent of
moving the package from testing->{community,main}. Usually when a package
is tested, known to be working and it has a maintainer we don't have
objection to merge move requests.

Thanks!

/eo