Re: [alpine-devel] Improving Alpine Linux documentation

From: Paul Zillmann <p.zillmann_at_h6g.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 12:26:15 +0100

From a user's perspective:

The wiki registration isn't hard at all. Trouble I had: the proxyserver
gave me an error message[1]
Two days later I registered myself successfully. I wanted to edit a section
which doesn't contain any IP addresses [2], but I couldn't save.
The error message was that I'm not allowed to publish IP addresses in the
wiki.

After that I looked up any contact information about the doc team (Wiki
administrators, moderators or any mailing list etc.) but I couldn't find
any.
Obviosly the alpine-user list doesn't bother with documentation problems.

I heard about docs.alpinelinux.org in this thread for the first time.
Where is the difference to the wiki?

[1] https://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-user/0205.html
[2]
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Configure_Networking#Enabling_IPv6_.28Optional.29