Re: [alpine-devel] Huh? Error reporter did not find the broken constraints.

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 11:23:40 +0100

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 10:55:40 +0100
Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 22:49:07 -0600
> William Pitcock <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 8:26 PM, William Pitcock
> > <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org> wrote:
> > > Hello,

> > > I think I can create a reproducer. I will do it after I finish cooking dinner.
> >
> > Unfortunately based on this data, I was unable to create a testcase.
> >
> > Adding two packages resulted in an unsatisfiable constraints problem,
> > but it explained what the problem was (that it wanted the user to
> > choose a provider).
> > I did add those testcases to apk-tools git if you would like to look at them...
> >
> > Could somebody reproduce the failure with apk-tools git compiled with
> > debug printing enabled?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> I have attached output from debug print.

The problem is nvme-cli.

ERROR PKG: nvme-cli: conflict: same name provided

It seems that it comes from a local repository /home/ncopa/packages/testing where I have an older version of nvme-cli:

$ tar -O -zxf /home/ncopa/packages/testing/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz APKINDEX | grep -w -A 15 P:nvme-cli
P:nvme-cli
V:1.1-r0