Re: [alpine-devel] License naming in APKBUILD - SPDX License List

From: Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 12:16:27 +0100

On 30 December 2017 at 16:07, Przemysław Pawełczyk <przemoc_at_zoho.com> wrote:
> Hello, Apliners!

Hi

> So any new APKBUILD file should properly fill license field.
> We should be able to fix all old APKBUILD files before Alpine Linux 3.8.
> IIRC there were some volunteers for this task in the past already.

I worked out a small patch[1] with ncopa to check for valid SPDX
licenses inside abuild.
I also added an aport[2] to aports which includes all licences
(including a list pkg which abuild uses).

We decided to issue a warning instead of error because too many
packages will be affected and
could create havoc for first time contributors.

1. http://tpaste.us/Rjj9
2. https://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/testing/spdx-licenses/APKBUILD

-carlo