Mail archive
alpine-devel

Re: [alpine-devel] Huh? Error reporter did not find the broken constraints.

From: Oliver Smith <ollieparanoid_at_bitmessage.ch>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 15:30:00 +0000

Looks like the trigger for the issue is: provides="$pkgname".
This was also in the "dbus-nox11" case and was earlier reported here:

https://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/7586

Thanks,
Oliver

Natanael Copa:
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 10:55:40 +0100
> Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 22:49:07 -0600
>> William Pitcock <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 8:26 PM, William Pitcock
>>> <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org> wrote:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 7:19 PM, Oliver Smith
>>>> <ollieparanoid_at_bitmessage.ch> wrote:
>>>>> Sorry for not reporting it yet.
>>>>>
>>>>> In our case the bug was triggered by a "dbus-nox11" package we created - probably because it ended up providing the same "so:..." dependency as the official "dbus" package. It worked fine, and at some point (maybe after an apk upgrade?) the package didn't work anymore - after we removed it, it worked again.
>>>>>
>>>>> If it helps with debugging/fixing this issue, I could try to reproduce the way the bug affected us, and provide apk's installed DB.
>>>>
>>>> I think I can create a reproducer. I will do it after I finish cooking dinner.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately based on this data, I was unable to create a testcase.
>>>
>>> Adding two packages resulted in an unsatisfiable constraints problem,
>>> but it explained what the problem was (that it wanted the user to
>>> choose a provider).
>>> I did add those testcases to apk-tools git if you would like to look at them...
>>>
>>> Could somebody reproduce the failure with apk-tools git compiled with
>>> debug printing enabled?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> I have attached output from debug print.
>
> The problem is nvme-cli.
>
> ERROR PKG: nvme-cli: conflict: same name provided
>
> It seems that it comes from a local repository /home/ncopa/packages/testing where I have an older version of nvme-cli:
>
> $ tar -O -zxf /home/ncopa/packages/testing/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz APKINDEX | grep -w -A 15 P:nvme-cli
> P:nvme-cli
> V:1.1-r0
> A:x86_64
> S:68384
> I:192512
> T:NVM-Express user space tooling for Linux
> U:https://github.com/linux-nvme/nvme-cli
> L:GPL
> o:nvme-cli
> m:Florian Heigl <florian.heigl_at_gmail.com>
> t:1482791353
> c:3f5fcf3c09c78baca6ac5bde33ca8210aab75251
> D:so:libc.musl-x86_64.so.1
> p:nvme-cli
>
> C:Q135cWo/MbmAnhinSUHunVd/nBCcM=
> --
> ...
>
> So it looks like I have a package named nvme-cli in community repo and
> an old version of nvme-cli in my local testing repo, which has a
> provides=nvme-cli for some reason.
>
> Some things that fixes my machine:
> - apk del nvme-cli
> - commenting out /home/ncopa/packages/testing in /etc/apk/repositories
>
>
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -nc
>
>
>
> ---
> Unsubscribe: alpine-devel+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help: alpine-devel+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---
>
>



---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:         alpine-devel+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
---
Received on Tue Jan 02 2018 - 15:30:00 GMT