Re: [alpine-devel] TLS library provider for makedepends

From: Kiyoshi Aman <aphrael_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 22:29:05 +0000

Hi,

I think it's inappropriate for libressl to be considered a replacement for
openssl. Whether it's secure or not, the project has not kept its API
compatibility promises, therefore making it impossible to compile software
that is necessary for webapps such as taiga. Consequently, I support
returning to openssl as system default, and only keeping libressl around
for software which actually requires it.

--
-- Kiyoshi Aman