Re: [alpine-devel] Proposed change: openssl 1.1 as default system openssl implementation

From: Kevin Chadwick <m8il1ists_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 18:16:47 +0000

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 12:09:38 -0600

> > openssl 1.1 has a different situation: Akamai and the Core
> > Infrastructure Initiative have come together to sponsor development
> > and maintenance of openssl since we switched, which means that
> > there's higher quality maintenance occuring now.
>
> This is good to hear, I didn't know about Akamai's involvement.

I am fairly sure that funding was never a real issue and certainly not
one that could explain heartbleed.

Akamai is probably also one of the lead reasons why people think
websites are secure when they are not necessarily too (akamai cert for
akamai server for download of acme.exe). Simplicity, cost issue?

Who's Responsibility? Just the download providers domain?