Re: [alpine-devel] Proposed change: openssl 1.1 as default system openssl implementation

From: Kevin Chadwick <m8il1ists_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 20:09:31 +0000

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 14:00:55 -0600

> Unfortunately, the Linux kernel does not have the same
> advantages of rapid iteration that the OpenBSD guys have, since
> OpenBSD has a small install base, it does not really matter if there
> are problems in the short term, since enthusiasts are the ones who use
> OpenBSD.

Yeah, just been looking into it again, can't believe it has been 4
years. Not sure I buy that, as the major distros have much longer
cycles than OpenBSD stable 6 months. Arch, alpine etc. tend to have the
same developer type users that could cope. It would make some nasty
publicity splashes no doubt though. I guess the filesystem issues were
the real blocker. Debian, Ubuntu and more likely Redhat installs on
ext3?