Re: [alpine-devel] Proposed change: openssl 1.1 as default system openssl implementation

From: Kevin Chadwick <m8il1ists_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 11:36:28 +0000

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 14:15:38 -0600

> > I just learned that the time_t issue is resolved:
> > https://github.com/libressl-portable/openbsd/commit/362ffef32c0fcae703d57838e9f5704240a63213
>
> According to who? They just try to make the math still work with
> time_t. The only way to be truly conformant is to use TAI64N math.
>
> William

Hi William

Perhaps you could clarify on the openbsd misc list?

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=151826186428121&w=2

I use long long/uint64_t on my embedded development and don't build for
linux so personally I don't understand especially with

https://cr.yp.to/daemontools/tai64n.html

stating

Beware that most gettimeofday implementations are not Y2038-compliant.