Re: [alpine-devel] Proposed change: openssl 1.1 as default system openssl implementation

From: Kevin Chadwick <m8il1ists_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 14:01:07 +0000

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 07:40:28 -0600

> > https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=151826186428121&w=2
> >
> > I use long long/uint64_t on my embedded development and don't build
> > for linux so personally I don't understand especially with
>
> This mailing list is for the discussion of Alpine Linux, not OpenBSD.
> It appears you do not use Alpine nor develop Alpine, so why exactly
> are you here?

That link talks about TAI64N not being in the standards which you
raised as an issue for alpine?

I was trying to help.

 I dabbled with Alpine for a few use cases and really like it. I have
 respect for Natanael and recommend alpine where OpenBSD does not suit
 which isn't many cases. I am also subscribed to hardened Gentoo out of
 interest.

> For anyone else wanting to killfile this troll, note he also posts
> from a yahoo.co.uk domain.

I regret saying you may have an agenda and apologise for it looking
back if that is what you mean by trolling. On reflection your original
email was mainly vexing for the "proper" and as I feel I have
demonstrated (by standing on peers shoulders), largely incorrect.

I have no trolling intentions and have not used yahoo for many years?
It fell apart after they sold out to Microsoft.

Goodbye