Re: [alpine-devel] Proposed change: openssl 1.1 as default system openssl implementation

From: Kevin Chadwick <m8il1ists_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 14:11:09 +0000

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 07:50:22 -0600

> I did not discuss the OpenSSL 1.1 API in my proposal. I do not care
> about it.
>
> I care about date comparisons that don't involve trusting anything
> that overflows a time_t as being in the future and then naively trying
> to prove it somehow.

Wow

What are you telling Alpine for, you should be telling them
conclusions and using evidence to back it up, not opinion. LibreSSL devs
appear to disagree about much of your justification! Have you even
asked them in the first place or yet? Perhaps you are doing it wrong?,
perhaps they have missed a Linux development?