Re: [alpine-devel] Packages to consider moving from main/ to community/

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen_at_sdaoden.eu>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 22:36:43 +0100

"A. Wilcox" <awilfox_at_adelielinux.org> wrote:
 |We've made a list of packages currently in main/ that may be better
 |suited to being in community/:
 |== HTTP servers ==

 |Rationale: HTTP servers are notoriously terrible at security and having
 |them in main means lots of maintenance work for Alpine to keep security
 |fixes for them for years.
 |* lighttpd (+ acf-lighttpd)

I understand only main/ is backward supported?
But i really have to stand up for this one.
Reported bugs end up in new releases occasionally, which then end
in main by updating APKBUILD. If i look at the commit log i see
something back in July 2015, which surely was a pain. Can a port
be managed any cheaper than this one?

--steffen