Re: [alpine-devel] Packages to consider moving from main/ to community/

From: Francesco Colista <fcolista_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 19:53:42 +0100

Il 2018-02-14 19:42 A. Wilcox ha scritto:
> Hi there Alpinists,
>
> We've made a list of packages currently in main/ that may be better
> suited to being in community/:
>
> == Media software / stuff that uses Qt5 upstream ==
>
> Rationale: Qt 5 is in community, doesn't really belong in main
>
> * audacious
> * v4l-utils

Hi!
You need to consider the dependencies.
So far, in main there are ffmpeg and gst-plugins-good who depends from
v4l-utils-dev.
If you move it in community, dependency will break.
And move them also to community, will end up in moving:
- sox
- audacious-plugings
- gst-libav
- omxplayer
- pianobar

audacious is not a dependency of any pacakge besides audacious-plugins.

Move all of them, IMHO, is not a bad idea.

--
:: Francesco Colista
:: Alpine Linux Infrstraucture