Re: [alpine-devel] Package Licensing for Edinburgh Speech Tools

From: William Pitcock <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 01:03:25 -0500

Hello,

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 6:57 PM, Lucas Ramage <ramage.lucas94_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on packaging this applications and I have an issue with their
> licensing.
>
> http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/speech_tools/index.html
>
> All of the licensing is in the README and there are several licenses for
> various parts of the code.
>
> https://github.com/festvox/speech_tools/blob/master/README.md

For now, use something like:
   license="custom:Edinburgh MIT BSD-2-Clause BSD-3-Clause"

But you should also write to spdx.org and have them give you a real
identifier for the Edinburgh license.

Please also note that some voices for use with Festival do not meet
Alpine's redistribution guidelines (commercial use is forbidden), so those
voices will be rejected if submitted.

William