[alpine-devel] Building cross compilers possible?

From: Jean-Louis Fuchs <ganwell_at_fangorn.ch>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 23:43:54 +0200

Hi

I see binutils and gcc support CTARGET in the APKBUILD files. I
naively tried:

    cd main/binutils
    CTARGET=armhf abuild -r

Which fails with:

    build-base-armhf (missing)

I tried a few more things (for example faking a build-base-armhf), but
nothing worked. Is it possible to build an armhf compiler on x86_64
using abuild? How? At least abuild -h suggests that it is possible.

My archive and web-search didn't yield anything useful.

Best,
    Jean-Louis