Re: [alpine-devel] Building cross compilers possible?

From: A. Wilcox <awilfox_at_adelielinux.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:48:28 -0500

On 04/16/18 16:43, Jean-Louis Fuchs wrote:
> Hi
>
> I see binutils and gcc support CTARGET in the APKBUILD files. I
> naively tried:
>
> cd main/binutils
> CTARGET=armhf abuild -r
>
> Which fails with:
>
> build-base-armhf (missing)
>
> I tried a few more things (for example faking a build-base-armhf), but
> nothing worked. Is it possible to build an armhf compiler on x86_64
> using abuild? How? At least abuild -h suggests that it is possible.
>
> My archive and web-search didn't yield anything useful.
>
> Best,
> Jean-Louis

What you really want is bootstrap.sh in the scripts/ directory of
aports.git. It will generate a cross-compiler and all the basic
utilities you need to run a development environment on another CPU
target. (If you use it with qemu-user, you might even be able to poorly
investigate the resultant binaries using a chroot.)

Best,
--arw

--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)