[alpine-devel] Getting the RPI images working on RPI 3b+

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 10:10:06 -0500

I've been trying to use the Raspberry Pi alpine images:
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

Turns out they don't boot at all on RPI 3b+, and on RPI 3b the wifi drivers
(brcmfmac) don't work.

So in typical open source fashion, I'd like to try my hands at fixing them.
I've found aports, but it is not at all clear to me how the RPI images are
being built.

aports seems to be focused on buildling packages (which is cool)

Could anyone give me a hint as to how to build the RPI images?

I would also be willing to write a wiki page on how to do it to help the
next guy.

Ed