Re: [alpine-devel] Getting the RPI images working on RPI 3b+

From: Oliver Smith <ollieparanoid_at_bitmessage.ch>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 19:01:00 +0000

Hello Ed,

yangxuan8282 (in CC) is doing a lot of great work to improve the
Raspberry Pi ports in Alpine these days and managed to boot the
Raspberry pi 3b+ and package its Wi-Fi firmware. I've recommended to
directly upstream it to Alpine, but there was low interest:

https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/4337

Now the plan is to integrate the improvements into postmarketOS (Alpine
based Linux distro) first and then upstream it to Alpine as a whole
package (which is probably less effort to review, only one PR for the
kernel changes etc.). I meant to reach out to this mailing list
separately when we're there, but since you're already asking about the
Pi, maybe this is already useful to you.

Updating the kernel:
https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/issues/1507
https://github.com/yangxuan8282/rpi-aports/blob/master/linux-rpi/APKBUILD

Raspberry Pi in pmOS (and lots of discussion for improvements of Alpine
packages):
https://github.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap/pull/1501

See also:
https://github.com/yangxuan8282/pmbootstrap/tree/raspberrypi-bootloader