Re: [alpine-devel] GDAL package in main repos?

From: Tuan M. Hoang <tmhoang_at_flatglobe.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 11:27:31 -0400

On 06/21/2018 10:16 AM, Dave Johansen wrote:
> I've made packages for Fedora but I've never done it for Alpine, so is there a way for me to test the packaging changes without installing Alpine?

If you don't want to install Alpine on hard disk, Alpine is small enough so you can install on qemu disk image (qcow, etc.) that resides on a tmpfs, aka on RAM. Or even just run with ISO image without installing.

> Also, once I get it working, what's the official way to submit the PR?

You can send patches to alpine-aports_at_lists.alpinelinux.org or create pull request on github.com/alpinelinux/aports or ping #alpine-dev_at_freenode.

> Thanks,
> Dave

Tuan