[alpine-devel] glibc code in alpine

Largacha, Alejandro (GE Power) <Alejandro.Largacha@ge.com>
<AM4P101MB01962438375ECE50B059CF5EFE480@AM4P101MB0196.NAMP101.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>

I have some library source code that builds for a Linux distro with glibc library. I want to build that code for alpine and musl libc and I'm finding some problems (I actually want to create an alpine linux package with the library). For example, I get this error when I try to build:

error: 'PTHREAD_RECURSIVE_MUTEX_INITIALIZER_NP' undeclared here (not in a function)
static pthread_mutex_t modGate  = PTHREAD_RECURSIVE_MUTEX_INITIALIZER_NP;
                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alex
<20180627174012.GA24078@syrtis>
In-Reply-To
<AM4P101MB01962438375ECE50B059CF5EFE480@AM4P101MB0196.NAMP101.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM> (view parent)
http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2017/02/20/

--
caóc

Ladar Levison <ladar@lavabit.com>
<cbf0abf1-3642-1f27-ebbd-77d6a884e47d@lavabit.com>
On 06/27/2018 09:29 AM, Largacha, Alejandro (GE Power) wrote:
> I have some library source code that builds for a Linux distro with
> glibc library. I want to build that code for alpine and musl libc and
> I’m finding some problems (I actually want to create an alpine linux
> package with the library).

I've also struggled with getting code to compile/run on Alpine. As an
interim fix, I ultimately decide to simply add glibc. You may find the
following repository helpful.

https://github.com/sgerrand/alpine-pkg-glibc/

I wrote a script to grab/install the glibc APK from the above repo. The
bottom half of the script includes the commented out commands from an
early attempt at building glibc directly (before I found the above
repo). You can find the aforementioned script at:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lavabit/robox/master/scripts/alpine38/glibc.sh

L~