Re: [alpine-devel] glibc code in alpine

From: Ladar Levison <ladar_at_lavabit.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 23:25:11 -0500

On 06/27/2018 09:29 AM, Largacha, Alejandro (GE Power) wrote:
> I have some library source code that builds for a Linux distro with
> glibc library. I want to build that code for alpine and musl libc and
> Iím finding some problems (I actually want to create an alpine linux
> package with the library).

I've also struggled with getting code to compile/run on Alpine. As an
interim fix, I ultimately decide to simply add glibc. You may find the
following repository helpful.

https://github.com/sgerrand/alpine-pkg-glibc/

I wrote a script to grab/install the glibc APK from the above repo. The
bottom half of the script includes the commented out commands from an
early attempt at building glibc directly (before I found the above
repo). You can find the aforementioned script at:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lavabit/robox/master/scripts/alpine38/glibc.sh

L~