Re: [alpine-devel] How to improve quality control for patch reviews

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 22:54:21 +0200

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 16:27:31 -0400
Chris Ely <tcely_at_icloud.com> wrote:

> > On Jul 26, 2018, at 8:15 AM, Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:
> >
> > Any other ideas or thoughts?
>
> I'd like to see more use of collaborators feature of GitHub for
> aports specifically. I sent my ideas for this in an earlier email.

I missed this. Sorry.

> With a bit of automation we can turn GitHub into a sort of staging
> area where people can take a more active role before being given push
> access. As of right now, there's very little contributors can do with
> PRs as they aren't part of the alpinelinux organization.

This sounds very interesting. I will followed your other email.

> I personally find having stale labels / reviews and no feedback very
> frustrating. So I'm very much in favor of expanding the pool of
> people who can provide feedback and adjust labels / review statuses.

Yes, this is something I want fix.

I think that we could probably start with a few bots that creates
labels based on :+1: votes. It would be very helpful to be able to sort
PRs on number of upvotes.

I'd also like to a bot that can set a tag on issues that has responded to
feedback.