Re: [alpine-devel] How to improve quality control for patch reviews

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 11:06:35 +0300

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 14:15:58 +0200
Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> We do struggle with keep up with the PR queue and at the same time do
> good enough quality control. I also think we may have different
> opinions what is good enough.
>
> I wonder if you have any ideas how we deal with this?

We need to automate more things.

> - add more automatic checks

This is the key. We need good linter that catches issues. It should be
CI hook in github to audit changes and give automated feedback.

The increasing amount of rules (some written, some not) are sometimes
missed. Especially when the policy changes and people forget which is
the latest direction. We need linter that is the authority and keep it
up-to-date.

Thanks,
Timo