[alpine-devel] Proposal: Multi-Arch matrix builds on travis-ci

From: Michael Wyraz <michael_at_wyraz.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 23:20:09 +0200

Hello Alpine Devs,

today I had the idea to add multiple arch support to travis-ci builds,
so that CI can be done on other platforms than x86_64.

So I created a PoC that looks promising:
https://github.com/micw/aports/pull/2

See it in action at: https://travis-ci.org/micw/aports/builds/430225449

It uses qemu-arm-static and binfmt-support to allow execution of arm
code on travis.

Some work is still to be done to use it productive (use newer qemu,
modify the build script to only build packages for the current
architecture but that should be easy to achieve).

Please let me know what you think about it and if we should go this way
(as intermediate solution unless we have native CI).

Best regards,

Michael.