Re: [alpine-devel] Proposal: Multi-Arch matrix builds on travis-ci

From: Jakub Jirutka <jakub_at_jirutka.cz>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 11:17:21 +0200

Hi,

I'm sorry to say that, but you're kinda reinventing the wheel. This
exact approach is already used in [alpine-chroot-install], which is used
e.g. for building static binaries in [apk-tools] repository.

I didn't use it in aports intentionally, because it's *very* slow. Many
aports would fail to build due to exceeding the time limit (50 minutes)
and it would significantly increase waiting time for all builds (due to
exhausted job queue).

This is not the way to go. The better way is to migrate to a self-hosted
CI with builders on various architectures. For example sr.ht proposed by
Drew DeVault looks very promising.

>> Unsupported ioctl: cmd=0xffffffff80045200

See the note in [1].

Jakub

[alpine-chroot-install]:
https://github.com/alpinelinux/alpine-chroot-install