Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine and armv7

From: Timo Teräs <timo.teras_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:38:56 +0300

Hi,

I think we have the triplet already in scripts and everywhere. It is just
matter of starting builders and making sure all builds. Maybe add arch=arm
that covers armhf and armv7.

I suppose the main reason for going with armv6 was rpi1 which was the only
rpi at the time.

We had also limited build power for arm, but the situation is much better
now with aarch64 builders that can do arm too.

I was just making chrome build on armhf, but seems very tricky to do armv6
build of it. I ended up shipping armv7 build in armhf for now. Seems many
care of armv7+ or armv4 only...

I would be in favor of starting armv7 builders now. And maybe drop armhf a
release cycle or two.

_at_ncopa What do you think?