Re: [alpine-devel] Proposal: Multi-Arch matrix builds on travis-ci

From: Oliver Smith <ollieparanoid_at_bitmessage.ch>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 05:12:00 +0000

Michael Wyraz:
> IMO we should provide an easy way for devs to test-build for different
> arches to reduce the hurdle to provide patches and pull requests (which
> is IMO _way_ to high because it needs an alpine setup and many manual
> steps, even for native builds). So if travis is not the way to go and
> unless we have something else, maybe we can find another way to provide
> this (maybe using docker?)

FWIW, pmbootstrap can do this (although the main purpose of the tool is
postmarketOS development).

Run this on any Linux distribution with Python and openssl installed,
and you're ready to compile - and cross compile - Alpine packages:

$ git clone https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmbootstrap.git
$ cd pmbootstrap
$ ./pmbootstrap.py init
$ ./pmbootstrap.py build --arch=armhf hello-world

there's also:
$ ./pmbootstrap.py checksum hello-world
$ ./pmbootstrap.py newapkbuild -h

Best regards,