[alpine-devel] Help needed for porting rust

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 16:20:40 +0200

Hi!

We have currently only rust on x86_64, and we need to port it to the
rest of our supported architectures. Recent versions of both
firefox-esr and librsvg requires rust.

The following packages will disappear from architectures not having
rust:

abiword
darktable
deluge
emacs
eog
eom
firefox
firefox-esr
gegl
gimp
gnome-system-monitor
goffice
graphviz
gst-plugins-bad
gst-plugins-bad0.10
imagemagick
imagemagick6
jwm
librsvg
mate-panel
mate-system-monitor
netsurf
nicotine-plus
ocaml-lablgtk
openbox
pike
tint2
vlc
xfce4-xkb-plugin

Please let me know if you think you will be able to help us port rust
to any of our currently unsupported architectures within a couple of
weeks. Otherwise the above packages will be available on x86_64 on the
alpine v3.9 release.

Thanks!