Re: [alpine-devel] Help needed for porting rust

From: A. Wilcox <awilfox_at_adelielinux.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 14:15:48 -0500

On 10/04/18 09:20, Natanael Copa wrote:
> The following packages will disappear from architectures not having
> rust:
>
> darktable

No loss; the upstream developers only support x86_64 and are actually
not amenable to ports to other arches. Personal experience.

> emacs

I implore you to simply stop shipping the -gtk variant. I doubt it is
used so much and then you wouldn't have the librsvg dep.

> gst-plugins-bad
> imagemagick

Again, you could simply remove the librsvg dep from these, and they
would lose a bit of functionality but still function on other architectures.

--arw

--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux