Re: [alpine-devel] Stalled patches to aports

From: Milan P. Stanic <mps_at_arvanta.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 15:24:50 +0200

On Thu, 2018-10-11 at 08:32, Drew DeVault wrote:
> I have a whole lot of patches backed up on aports:
>
> https://patchwork.alpinelinux.org/project/aports/list/?submitter=274&state=&q=&archive=&delegate=
>
> I want to send more, but I'm worried they'll just add to the list of
> dead patches.
>
> I would be happy to volunteer as an Alpine developer, especially if the
> current patch volume is beyond the capacity of the Alpine team. I know
> there was some discussion before on getting a process in place for this,
> is there any movement on that front?

Comment about Symbola fonts
https://patchwork.alpinelinux.org/patch/3813/

License for Symbola fonts is "Software on this site is free strictly for
personal, non-commercial use" as it is written in the
http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/

Not sure if it could be distributed by Alpine because of "strictly for
personal".

Anyway, fonts are usable and I have it installed manually some time ago
because font-noto-emoji crashes my st (suckles terminal) on aarch64
box, but Symbola works quite fine.

BTW, why you have newline after source tag:
source="
        ${pkgname}-${pkgver}.zip::http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/Symbola.zip

It could/should be on the same line, if I'm not wrong.