Re: [alpine-devel] Switching back to OpenSSL

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:44:00 +0200

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 00:07:55 -0500
William Pitcock <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org> wrote:

> Has anyone tried using the libtls-standalone package in testing as of
> yet? It would be nice to know if it is working for others.

Hi,

I tested it with our ssl_client busybox helper and it works as
expected. I had to add a missing libtls.so symlink to the
libtls-standalone-dev package, though.

There is another problem though, that it conflicts with the libressl
libtls. After libtls-standalone was installed, I cannot uninstall it:

ncopa-edge-x86_64:~/aports/main/busybox$ sudo apk del libtls-standalone
World updated, but the following packages are not removed due to:
  libtls-standalone: libressl abuild aports-build .alpine-release-deps
  ssl_client

This happens because both libressl libtls and libtls-standalone
provides so:libtls.so.17.

ncopa-edge-x86_64:~/aports/main/busybox$ apk info -R libressl
libressl-2.7.4-r1 depends on:
so:libc.musl-x86_64.so.1
so:libcrypto.so.43
so:libssl.so.45
so:libtls.so.17

I think that the fix for this is to use the openssl ABI, libtls.so.1.1,
or use a completely different name, like libtls-standalone.so.17 or
libtls1.1.so.17. Anything that does not conflict with libressl's libtls.