Re: [alpine-devel] apk: package "grouping"?

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen_at_sdaoden.eu>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 19:54:31 +0100

Timo Teras wrote in <20181113191851.1fec6483_at_vostro>:
 |I generally do my own meta-packages and host internal repository. This
 |allows also updating the meta-packages pretty easily.

I do not really understand the latter (i still struggle how i can
share the binary cache in between the machines, but i will find
out).

The former i thought about too, but of course you need to create
meta packages in one go, if i understand it correctly. This
does not work if you add in packages later, for example, about 15
minutes ago i had to add in "kbd" to gain some more Unicode
characters on the Linux framebuffer. Now i need this over there,
too ...

 |Doing apk/world.d/ or similar is an interesting idea too. But I need to
 |think about it more. Mostly it's if there's an use case where this
 |works better than the meta-packages in own repository.

Host internal repository and binary cache, i will look around
this. Thanks.

 |Thoughts?

Well... No.

--steffen