Re: [alpine-devel] Docker 18.09.0 available as aport

From: Bernhard J. M. Grün <bernhard.gruen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 19:34:58 +0100

Am Di., 27. Nov. 2018 um 12:36 Uhr schrieb Natanael Copa <
ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>:

> On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 12:13:47 +0100
> Bernhard J. M. Grün <bernhard.gruen_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> > One advantage of this new packaging will be that one is able to run
> > containerd and / or runc without using docker. I think I already read
> some
> > comments / wishes about this on IRC.
>
> I think this sounds like a good idea, in general. the only thing I
> think can be a challenge is that docker may require a very specific
> version of containerd and runc.

Yes. That could happen. But I don't think this will happen because docker
did major work to get rid of internal dependencies on containerd and runc.
And if it ever happens that there is a new version of containerd or runc
that wont be compatible with docker for a longer time we could surely also
create a second version of containerd if really needed.
It also seems that other distributions package it in the same way.

best regards,

Bernhard J. M. Grün